Monday, January 19, 2009

That First-Date Rush

Remember that first-date rush? That whole, who-is-this-person and how-will-we-hit-it-off feeling? Kind of scary, kind of exciting, all rolled into one?

Well, yours truly had a most excellent coffee date on Sunday. With a guy. A cute one. And I'm pumped.

So this is someone I met on e-harmony. He's a 32-year-old MN guy, lives in the southern suburbs, works in sales for a siding company. We have a lot of interests in common, but he also does some things that are very different from me. We both enjoy traveling, photography, and exploring the Twin Cities. He has a Brady-bunch type family like mine, so he "gets" that whole cluster of stuff. His mom is a teacher, so he really understands all my drama with that profession.

On the flip side, he has musical talent (I got nothin'). He plays in a band - guitar - for fun, in his spare time. He digs non-fiction, which is cool since I seldom venture far from bodice-ripping/vampire/sci-fi/spy novels.

We extended our coffee date into breakfast, and then made plans to get together again this weekend. Yay! My optimism renewed, I find myself riding the first-date rush even today. It's good being single sometimes - I forget that a lot!

1 comment:

dancingo4 said...

Wooooo hoooooo
Fun story! Can't wait to hear how this weekend goes.