Friday, September 30, 2005

Blizzards or sunburns?

In a recent conversation with a friend from the warm areas of the country, I got to pondering an intriguing question: which to prefer? The blizzardy bitter cold of the Midwest, with its warm but not scorching summers and all four seasons, OR, the searing heat over-100-degrees-on-a-regular-basis but nicely warm during the "winter" of the Nevada/Arizona/New Mexico area?

I like myself a good snow fort.

Hell, I even go ice skating from time to time.

But seriously, can't we all live without the friggin' scraping of ice and snow that couldn't possibly have accumulated since the last time it was done, a mere 2 hours before?

However, given my inclination to all things sunburn, I don't know how I'd fare in another place. And, there's the hot/humid combination. You all know my hair goes all Diana Ross when it's that particular combo of elements (re: Nat - remember my night in Tampa? Ybor City + Di = scary Diana Ross impersonator mixin' it up with thugs near da clubs).

Plus, do they even have cheese curds in Vegas or Phoenix?

No comments: