Friday, November 09, 2007

The Lillian's Experience

OK, so I had this great opportunity earlier in the week to go to Lillian's in Farmington for a pre-opening store sale. Of course, Fate conspired to not let me go...stupid Fate. Anyway, I discovered something miraculous - there is a Lillian's right by me...in Hopkins!

So last night was their first night open of the once-per-month weekend they are open...and I was there! It was like purse heaven. It was transcendental, baby. Surrounded by leather, suede, rhinestones, clutches, oh my! I managed to keep it under $70, and got myself a fabulous Hermes knock-off and matching wallet, both in a lovely shade of camel, as well as a very cool headband/ headwrap thing, that I am actually sporting today!

I may go back at some point this weekend...there was this outstandingly unique bright yellow bag that caught my eye...decided to sleep on it, though, just to be sure I really wanted it. I mean, if I dreamed of myself carrying it, that would be a sign, right? (Of course, my dreams were filled with purses dancing like sugerplums...but what else is new?)

Meanwhile, I am happy to sport my new bag and wallet, reassured that, even if I didn't get it on clearance, I did get an awesome price considering how much I love it! And that's what it's all about - finding those things in life that make you happy!

P.S. Downtown Hopkins is utterly charming...and they have a Big 10 restaurant! I will be back...

2 comments:

nat said...

Whoa. Hopkins has a Big 10? Yum. I need a new purse too. None of the styles (e.g. the patchwork with the brand advertising all over it) appeal to me right now. Plus I need a bigger one for all the crap I lug around. Man, I feel old.

Hot4Teacha said...

Dude, I hear you. I cannot possibly get by with a teeny tiny little purse anymore. Seriously, when did we graduate to bags our moms would carry? UGH.