Thursday, November 01, 2007

Excercise = death?

According to my boss, Linda, exercise will kill you. So, she just generally prescribes to the no-exercise way of life, and feels okay about it because, you know, it'll kill you.

I, on the other hand, have prescribed to the no-exercise way of life mostly out of habit and laziness and general dislike of actually exercising. But I am finding that, despite a fairly healthy diet, I don't have the energy that I'd like to have, nor do I look or feel as healthy as I want to.

So I joined up at the YMCA (go on, you can sing it...Y---M---C-A). Tonight is my first visit, and I'm not really sure how it's going to go. Mostly I'm just thinking I'll do a stationary bike for a while, something to just ease into it. I mean, seriously, I haven't ridden a bike in years...I'm not going to jump right into a spin class or anything!

So I'll let you know how it goes - if I survive, that is. In the event I do not...well, someone take care of my cat, okay??

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I hate HATE going to the gym. I realized I don't hate exercising just the gym. Mostly because of the women that come in full hair and make up and don't break a sweat. Then we bought our own stationary bike for pretty cheap and Dean and I both use it 5-6 days a week. Anything that will actually get you to exercise and enjoy it is a plus.

Good luck! And if you die, of course I'll take your kitty!

Hot4Teacha said...

Thanks, Nat! I figured you would take Pudder if no one else! I have yet to see any fully done up bitches at the Y, but we'll see. I think I hate them already...