Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Surprise, Geb!!




So a little over a month ago, my friend's husband left me a very covert, 007-esque message on my voicemail. "We're surprising Geb for her birthday," he said. "Pass it on." Or something to that effect.



Lo and behold, the party was a success, with my friend Geb completely unaware of what was going on until the big moment. Her husband, Paul (now VERY high on my list of friends' significant others) convinced Geb that he had his own office party to attend, and that she needed to come with as his boss would be there. This "party" was the week prior to Geb's birthday, so I doubt she was even thinking Paul might have something up his sleeve.



The guests arrived at the Loon Cafe by 5:00; Paul & Geb closer to 6:00. The look on Geb's face (see photo) was worth all the hiding, sneaking, and planning - priceless! In addition, Geb's sister Rachel flew in from Montana, which no one knew to expect...except their parents, who were in on it.


Surprises and fun abounded; Geb turns 30 this Sunday, but the celebration has already begun! Happy Birthday to my dear, dear friend - I love you, no matter how old we get!!

No comments: