Friday, December 28, 2007

The Longest Three Days

Seriously.

This has been the longest 3-day work week since...since...I don't know when it was this long, but dang, I am ready for it to be done!

Coming back from Christmas with my family, I realized that I, for the first time in my life, do not have the luxurious cushion of a week or more vacation surrounding the holidays. As I shot off out of Two Harbors Christmas day, it occurred to me that I may miss that leisure time more than the summer break people often credit as "teacher's favorite".

On top of the time being short, the weather sucked. I got stranded (well, I stopped myself, so not really) in Hinckley due to weather on the way up. It took me an hour and a half to drive 40 miles from Forest Lake to Hinckley - ridiculous! I got a room at the Days Inn and waiting out the blowing snowing mess. And the drive home on Tuesday wasn't much better; ugh, I hate sloppy crap on the roads! By the time I reached Cambridge/North Branch, the freeway was a crawling mess, and I took back roads the rest of the way home.

And the finale, I was sick on Christmas. I'm still trying to figure out how, but I ended up throwing up all that I ate on Christmas Eve. Which really sucks because that is like the best meal I eat all year, man! Mom's cookies, Bob's guacamole, various grazing items, YUM! Yeah, not so much. About two hours after dinner, I started getting that "feeling" you get when things are going to make a second appearance. Ew. My niece was very interested in Auntie Di sitting on the bathroom rug; she thought we were playing some new game, I think! At least she had a good holiday!!




So happy holidays, yada yada yada. I'm looking forward to this week being over, not being sick, and NOT doing a lot of driving around. Happy New Year - to me! And to you!

1 comment:

nat said...

That picture is adorable! Nothing like staticky winter hair...

Hope you are feeling better!