Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Destructo-condo




So this is what my condo looks like these days. Long story in a short version: A water-carrying pipe underneath my foundation broke/burst 2 weeks ago, slowly but surely soaking my carpet and padding. Upon discovery of said leak, the association came in with jackhammers and whatnot. They made two big holes, one in my living room & another in my lower bathroom, to get at the pipe that needed replacing. Having done so, they refilled the spaces with dirt, as seen here. In the following days, cement guys came and put cement patches in place.


Now, I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company. Will I get new carpet, and will it all be paid for? What about the ruined bathroom tile - that too?


And now I'm thinking, "Hmm, since I have to redo the bathroom floor anyway, wouldn't now be a good time to replace the sink/cabinet with a pedestal sink?" And then, I'd need to repaint. Oh, and new trim will be needed. And...


I see how my brother and my dad get into "little" projects that last forever. Yikes.

1 comment:

gebby said...

Icky...that totally sucks, Di! Thank you "worker men" for putting a hole in my floor!!!!