Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Tonsil (itis)

As I spent some quality time in Urgent Care this weekend, I started thinking back to all the times I've had strep and other throat conditions (which brings me to how often my brothers got me sick when we were growing up - thanks a lot).

And now that I have tonsilitis, I'm thinking: do I really need my tonsils? I mean, plenty of people I know (my brother Brian, my boyfriend Brian, etc) do just fine without theirs. Can I just get 'em popped out so I don't have to deal with this crap?

I sound like a croaking frog; my cat runs away when I try to talk to her. And of course, my clients at work must think I'm possessed, as I sound like the little girl in The Exorcist right before her head turns 360 degrees 'round!

So I'm thinking, why not just ditch the tonsils? Do they do surgery like that just because a person feels like it? Hmmm....will check my insurance provisions on that one....

1 comment:

dancingo4 said...

I got my tonsils out as a grown up (about 4 years ago) and it was a great decision. Recovery sucks and takes longer than you expected. You lose a little weight from not eating. But long term, way better.