Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Keys to the Kingdom

Whoa. You ever do something so monumentally dumb that even you can believe you did it? Yep, that's how I started my day.

I woke up late this morning after egregiously hitting my snooze button over and over again (on not only my dual-alarm clock, but my tri-alarm phone). Tells you a little about how sleep-deprived I am with my usual 65-hour work week, huh?

Anyway, in racing to get out the door, I couldn't find my keys. My main set of keys, you know, the one that has not only my car and house keys, but the only set of office keys I have, as well as my key to the bank vault. You know, those really important ones?

I always leave them with or in my purse. Always. Couldn't find them, looked all over. Finally decided I must have left them in the car; where else could they be? I couldn't have left them at the bank, as I need them to actually lock the vault. So I know they aren't there...must be in the car.

Resolved to this, I flung open the door while simultaneously barricading Pudder from escape. I heard a strange tinkling noise.

There, hanging in the door, are my keys. I unlocked my door yesterday, got distracted when Pudder ran out, and apparently went in with the keys left hanging in the door. All. Night. Long.

Good think I live in a nice neighborhood. Oh, and that I have an attack cat as backup, just in case.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awesome. I hope the bank vault keys are clearly labeled as such.