Friday, April 04, 2008

Weekend Visitors


So I had some of my family down this weekend, partly for a visit and partly for a bathroom renovation. No matter what, and no matter who else is around, I always find myself snapping pictures of the cutest child in creation - yep, my niece Livia! Her mommy and I took her to the MOA to see Dora and all the Nickolodean characters - she was in awe of what she saw. "We saw Dora! And Boots! And Diego!" she reported to her daddy later that day.




She certainly was enamored of SpongeBob SquarePants, who had his own fountain. In true Livia style, she hurled money at 'Bob, delighting in the splash, and, most likely, the frivolous spending of money. She is a girl, after all. And grandma takes her to the mall sometimes, where the throwing of money into fountains is now a ritual.






Her favorite part of the whole mall excursion, though? Riding on the escalators! "That was a good ride!" she exclaimed after a fairly sure-footed dismount. Jess and I got a kick out of that.



Back at the house, we played outside as well; Livia collected sticks and pylons and just ran amok. We let little Miss Kitty (Puder) out as well; she wasn't as well-behaved as Livia - had to chase the cat more than the kid.

I'm looking forward to future visits. Apparently Liv fell asleep on the way home that day, and stayed asleep for most of the ride. Upon waking up, she now thinks Auntie Di lives nearby! Oh, I wish it were so.

But soon enough, it will be warm out, and maybe Liv can come down to Auntie Di's house again...and discover that there's a pool, too!

I miss my little Liv!! How cute is that kid? Seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is way too cute. Makes my uterus hurt just looking at her!

BTW - The amusements park at MOA looks so different now that it isn't Camp Snoopy. Weird.