Thursday, August 07, 2008

Creepy Experience

So I got home from Bar Bingo last night, and my neighbor's baby-daddy is hanging out on the patio. This is fairly normal experience, as he smokes and is not allowed to do so in the house. I've talked with Tito (real name Tim) off and on since he moved back in with my neighbor & their kid, just being friendly and what not. He's an interesting guy, had a lot of sh*t in his life, been to rehab a few times and whatnot. Anyway, normally a regular guy just trying to get his life together, I think.

Well, last night he was LOADED. Apparently, his baby-mama and baby are out of town at the family cabin, and he had the day off from his job at Caribou. So he drank. Alone. All day, as far as I could tell. Slurring words, not making much sense, etc. So I kind of gave up trying to chat with him, as it was late and he was trashed. I scooped up Pudder and went inside, bidding him good night. No sooner do I get inside then I turn around and he's coming inside...my house. And he shuts the door behind him and just kind of stands there, leaning up against the wall.

It was weird. I was suddenly very aware that I was alone with a super drunk guy, who is 6'4" and blocking the door. So I pick up my cell phone, all casual, and call Joy. "Hi Joy! Yep, I made it home from the bar. How's Lucy? Yeah, I'm going to let Pudder outside..." And I used this as a way to get Tito to open the door and get the f*ck out. So out we go again, and I let Puder roam around a bit. Then I gathered her back up, bid Tito good night again, and went inside. And quickly shut & locked the door, lest he think about coming in again.

Sure as sh*t, not 5 minutes later, I'm upstairs getting ready for bed and I hear the door handle downstairs rattling, then him knocking on the door. There is NO WAY I'm letting this guy in; I don't know what he wants, but I have an idea. NO WAY. So I don't do anything, thinking he'll stop. It's intermittent knocking and pounding for a while, then he stops. I hear him go inside his place, so I run downstairs and double check that all the doors and windows are shut and locked. Back upstairs I go, he returns to knock/pound some more. By now I'm texting Joy, like, "What do I do?"

Joy calls, we hold a whispered conversation, she reassures me I'll be fine, but if he keeps it up I should call the cops. I feel better.

Eventually the knocking stops, but I hear other noises. Sliding screen door opening, then steps. Where is he? On the balcony, the one off his son's bedroom that is 10 feet away from my bedroom window. CREEPY. But there's too much space; he can't climb in the window or anything. So I eventually fall asleep.

I get up this morning and go downstairs. The first thing I notice - the sliding screen on my own sliding glass door in back is ajar. Like someone tried to come in that way, only to find the glass door locked and the wood bar in place. I can only think Tito went around back and tried to get in that way. REALLY CREEPY.

Going out the door to work this morning, I was surprised to find Tito sitting on the patio. He'd just polished off a steak & egg breakfast - I asked how he was feeling, he said, "Surprisingly great!" I said, "So what was with you knocking on the door half the night last night?" Just put it out there, because dammit, he needs to know it isn't cool. He says, "I'm sorry about that - I don't know." I tell him it freaked me out, and he gets this surprised look on his face. He apologized again, and stated, "It won't happen again, ever, I promise." OK.

But I'm still keeping everything locked up tight. And I don't know if I should tell Allie (his baby mama) when she gets back from the cabin. I don't like being uncomfortable in my own home, and this totally creeped me out.

Thoughts??

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes, tell her. Even if it affects your relationship with her (I don't know if you guys are close or just friendly). He cannot be doing this sort of stuff, it's creepy and I doubt either of them would want to pay to bail him out of jail if he does it again to someone else, it is attempted breaking an entering after all.

Hot4Teacha said...

Oh, and it gets better! So I ran into my other neighbor, Gina, last night. I ask, "Did you hear that sh*t the other night?" She says, "Heck yeah!" And goes on to tell me that Tito once came on to her, kind of followed her into her house like he did me, and blocked her into the kitchen by standing in the doorway and not moving when she asked him!! And I guess he grabbed her breast - ugh! She never said anything to Allie, but I will for sure now!! Sheesh.

dancingo4 said...

Agreed. She should know about this guy that she is sharing her life with. Sounds like he could be more than just creepy - he could be dangerous for all in the area. Very scary.

Good think you are so smart with all the locking and protecting.

Yikes.