Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Creepy, The Update

So my neighbor Allie got home from her week-long cabin excursion. As we were chatting about her week and the fun she had with her family, she mentions that she called and talked to Tito (the creepy door-pounding psycho) on Wednesday. Our conversation went like this:

Allie: "Yeah, I talked to Tito at noon on Wednesday, and he was totally loaded. And apparently he stayed that way right on through Saturday. Who knows what the f*ck he got up to! But when I asked him about it, if he feels like he needs help, he insists he's fine and is going to quit drinking. Again. On his own. Yeah right." She's been down this road before, apparently.

Diane: "Not to throw fuel on the fire, and I debated on telling you this..."

Allie: "Oh sh*t."

Diane: "Yeah, Wednesday night he made a pass at me. Followed me into the house, kind of stood there blocking the entrance, until I got him to open up to let the cat out. And then he proceeded to pound on my door until like 1 in the morning. And he tried to get in the back door, I noticed the screen door shoved open the next morning when I left for work."

Allie: "I'm so sorry!"

Diane: "No, it's not your fault. But I wanted you to know that I was creeped out. And I told Tito that I was creeped out, the next morning when I saw him. He didn't seem to really get it; he seemed surprised when I told him. And although I didn't say this to him, I have to tell you, if it happens again, I'm going to call the cops."

Allie: "God, I'm so sorry. He gets like that, it's soooo not okay. I'm gonna ream his *ss when I see him. This is ridiculous; I've about had it with him. He needs to get something going in his life, not just stay here and work part-time and bother people and drink himself stupid."

So...we'll see what happens, if she asks him or tells him to move out, or what. For now, I'm not anxious to see him or talk to him, and I'm all about locking up tight when I'm home. I hate feeling like I can't even have my windows open downstairs during the day or evening, but safety first, right?

4 comments:

dancingo4 said...

I'm so glad you told her. For your safety and hers.

Natalie said...

I hope she kicks him to the curb!

Hot4Teacha said...

Yeah, I'm hoping she boots him, too. So far, no dice - he's still around. But he's avoiding me like the plague. I had my door propped open the other day to let Puder run around, and the little boy next door just walked right into my house (he's two). Allie says, "Jeez, like father like son, I guess!" Allie also told me in passing yesterday that she thinks Tito's "horrified" at what he did. Whatever. I'm horrified enough for everyone.

Natalie said...

It's too bad this situation had to happen. But in my opinion, much better to have him scared of you than you just being scared of him. I'm so glad you told her and it definitely gave you the upper hand in the situation.