Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do You...

...ever think about how much we have all changed? Physically, of course, but in all the other ways that are not so obvious, but maybe more important? I started pondering this for a few reasons...

I took a different posting with TCF, and am now working with some high school kids. Very nice high school kids, mind you, but they are that age, you know? Also, my "baby" sister is starting her senior year in a week, and I am shooting her grad pictures this weekend. Yikes.

And it got me to thinking, would I have acted this silly if I were still 18? Probably. Do I remember the feeling I had when I was starting my senior year? These thoughts got me to looking around for some funny pictures of me when I was younger.


Pulling unashamedly from the Class of 1997 reunion site, this is a little something for you all:

Junior High, field trip to Hayward, WI. I think there was a water park or something? And some kind of Wild West theme park, maybe. I really don't remember, but the picture says I had fun! Anyway, these are my friends...I'm in the back row with the red Chicago Bulls t-shirt on. Great haircut. Ugh. My sister-in-law Jess is right smack in the middle - you can barely see her head. Little did we know back then that friends = family!


And then moving forward, into the high school years...there was the obligatory senior year picture, which wasn't too bad. I have this nice ethereal glow that belies the true devil inside me. Just kidding. But don't I look angelic? Sheesh, for the sitting fee my mom shelled out, I should look like friggin' Angelina Jolie! But I digress. I wore bangs for a long time because I was so self-conscious about my forehead...plus, most of my friends wore bangs, and I had to have that curling iron for something! (To straighten, then softly curl the bangs...strange, but true.)



Finally, I really threw myself into things in high school. I think I may have gotten high a few times from spray-painting pep rally signs in my parents' garage (with the door closed...smart, huh?). Anyway, I was a cheerleader my senior year, and an avid fan of all things school-related, so of course, my senior year I got voted "most school spirit". I remember thinking that I was so cool, strutting around in my letter jacket. Alas, not true. Oh well!





So that's what I mused about, while I had some down time today. Three of my appointments cancelled on me today, so I really needed to find a distraction. A trip down memory lane will usually do the trick!!

2 comments:

dancingo4 said...

love love love the HS pictures. And we are such kindred spirits-- I was Most School Spirit too :-)

And teacher's pet ;-) Shocking I know...

Hot4Teacha said...

Oh my god, how did our heads not explode when we were at the U? Together? Craziness.