Thursday, September 25, 2008

Am I Mental, Or...

Seriously. Am I mental, or are things just a friggin' mess out there right now?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a news junkie, I dont' keep up on every little thing that's happening. But even I hear things like "bail out" and "next recession" and wonder, what the hell is going on?

I see finance on a much smaller level. I work with clients and their household budgets. I help customers at the bank with their personal checking. That kind of money, I get it. It's what comes in, then what goes out. Not too complicated.

Where it gets fuzzy for me is on these higher, more complicated levels. How can these huge companies run deficits into the billions of dollars? Are they taking such huge risks with money or is that how they're supposed to operate?

Obviously, I need "Finance for Dummies" or something, because seriously...am I mental, or are these guys just idiots for making such a mess of things?

No comments: