Thursday, September 04, 2008

Soooooo Big!

I have to laugh at my own title. It's the phrase my sister-in-law, Jessica, uses to help her daughter get dressed. Livia raises her arms up when Jess says, "Soooooo big!" and off (or on) goes the shirt. Livia is really a big girl now; she told me so herself this last weekend!

But I digress. For once, I'm not going to brag about my niece. Instead, I will pick on...my "baby" sister, Amy. Amy is now a senior in high school, which makes me very old. Oh, and I guess it makes her old, too. But I'm way older. And that's crazy. But again, I digress.


Over Labor Day weekend, I headed up north to shoot some pictures of Amy. She was looking for a head shot for the yearbook, so we took a bunch of those up and around our family cabin. I got some really great ones, but I think this is one of my favorites:

It just struck me while I was doing this that 12 years ago, I was getting my grad pics taken...with Amy and Katie, who were 6 and 3 at the time. Yikes. Again, I'm old.


But, how beautiful is this sister of mine? I see the intelligence in her eyes, the kindness in her heart, and the generous spirit she has, all shining through in this picture. I'm so proud of her; she works really hard in school and keeps busy with her band stuff. Mostly, I just feel so lucky that she came into my life. I always wanted a little sister; now, she's not so little anymore, but I guess that happens, huh?


No matter what, I'll always remember her as a gorgeous baby that I fell in love with from day one. I look forward to what she does next and who she becomes in the future. It's a fun ride to be along on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Natalie said...

Wow, is that MAKEUP?!?! You are old. ;) Just kidding. Beautiful picture, she really is a lovely young woman and can't wait to hear about the direction her life takes.