Tuesday, October 21, 2008

60 Years

My grandparents recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. It's an amazing feat to be together for so long, and to have gone through as much as they have, and still be the wonderful people they are. I am so lucky to have them in my life, and will cherish having been able to share this occasion with them.
Eddie & Betty Dugas

The 60th anniversary bash was held in Silver Bay, and had quite a turnout. My dad was the main person who organized it and got everything together (what else is new?). But I think he had a good time, despite working so hard. It looks like he's doing the "Thriller" dance here, but he's actually directing traffic to the buffet - go George!


One of the highlights of the evening was a special event, planned by my aunt Sandy and others. While my grandparents danced to a song especially written for them, my aunt Mary and brother Nathan walked out onto the dance floor. Mary was wearing grandma's wedding gown, and Nathan my grandpa's Navy dress blues. It was so great - Nathan looks enough like grandpa that it was kind of spooky to see him in the old uniform!


Livia, adorable niece o' mine, was a little dance machine - she danced with Auntie Di, with daddy, and with her cousin Dakota. No wonder, she got pooped out by the end of the night (Jess, you get the pun).


Of course, never ones to miss a photo op, my brothers and I hammed it up for this little shot; I'll end it there. Cheers!!

No comments: