Friday, September 07, 2007

What up, homies?

To all my peeps throughout the land - I am back on Blogger. Yes, I know, about d*mn time, yada yada yada. But there's been a heck of a lot going on!!

So I finally left teaching after 5 years. It was definitely the right decision, but it feels weird to be at a different job (more on that later), rather than in the classroom. The first day of school was thankfully a busy day at the new job, so I didn't reflect too much on what I was missing.

I think of all the things I will miss about teaching, the #1 thing is the people. This includes the people I worked with, but to some extent the students, too. There is an energy inherent to that population, and to be around it 24-7 and then not at all is weird. Of course, that energy isn't always positive, so I probably will get over it...say, right around Homecoming time, when they go over the top, or right before the holidays, when they're climbing the walls...

I had dinner with my girlfriends last month before one of them went back to Tampa. They were both so supportive, and I think they knew all along that I was meant to do something else with my life. Not that I was a bad teacher, but the signs were there that it wasn't something I could keep up at the pace I was going. In fact, I've gotten support from almost everyone I know in regards to the career change, which is so awesome and makes it so much easier!!

OK, that's it for now. Tune in again soon for adventures at the new job and random encounters from being on match.com!!

No comments: