Monday, October 08, 2007

The "Dilemma"

Ok, so it's not really a dilemma, because I know what to do. But it's still making me crazy, so I need to vent! Bear with me as I bare my problems to the light of day.

I started seeing this guy J in July. We met on match.com, and had a few nice dates before we jumped in the sack. Now, we get along great and all that, but at one point J said to me that he just didn't "feel that special, undefinable something" between us. OK. So I thought, "Well, at least I've got someone to call for booty." Fine, whatever. We've pretty much just been bed buddies since mid-July. (Although, I have to say, why is it that I'm never the girl that has "that quality" or whatever!?)

The agreement between us is that if the other person starts something elsewhere, it's time to end our hookup. We just need to communicate with each other to put an end to things. Sounds very solid and grown-up, right?

Well...it's time. I'm into this guy B; also a match.com person. We've been out a handful of times, and I stayed there last night...ya know. I haven't been with J for at least 2 weeks in that sense, and don't plan to again. But I feel like I should see him to tell him I'm moving on. How, then, does one set up a "I-don't-want-to-sleep-with-you-anymore" date that isn't really a date?

Mostly, I'm just chickenshit, because despite what he says, I feel like this is going to hurt him, he'll feel rejected, etc. and that it makes me a bad person or something. I know, I know - NOT logical. But still...I never hurt people if I can possibly avoid it. Maybe this is just a situation in which it cannot be avoided?

Thoughts, friends? Suck it up? Blow him off? Do 'em both? (just kidding on that one)

5 comments:

dancingo4 said...

I would blow him off. You need to take care of yourself and too bad for him. Unless he contact you, I don't think you "owe" him a thing (reason, conversation, etc). Two weeks is along time and it seems you both have moved on...

That is just me...being the bitch I am. You are nicer.

Good luck.

Hot4Teacha said...

You are NOT a bitch! But you ARE right...I don't owe J anything, not really...I mean, I have a pair of his flannel pants (don't ask) that I should return, but other than that...

How you doin', babe?

nat said...

I agree with dancingo4. Mostly because he was the one who insisted it wasn't anything more than booty. This implies no emotional attachment, which is plenty justification for blowing him off. He's a guy, he should understand you get exactly what you ask for.

On another note, tell us more about B...

Hot4Teacha said...

Thanks for the back-up, you guys - I can always count on you for real, make-sense advice.

B stands for Brian. He's 30, an engineer, originally from Winona (nice small-town boy). He's 5'11", white guy, very clean cut, works out, great smile and eyes. He is smart, polite, sense of humor, listens, likes to talk, calls me every day..

I think I'm growing rather fond of this one. :)

nat said...

Ooooh, an engineer! I approve.